Tuesday 17 March 2015

To All The Boys I've Loved Before- Jenny Han

Hi bloggers! :)

So, other than stuffing my face with 'unhealthy' food (as my mom calls it) and watching tv shows all day, I also enjoy reading a lot :)



I started reading a REAL books (like the ones that's thicker and has more words as well as no pictures) when I was 8 or 9. My brother introduced me to a book called Mr. Midnight and I was immediately hooked. Then I started buying loads of Mr. Midnight books every time I pass by a bookstore. Eventually I got bored of the same thing, so I tried to read other books too. Thats when my book obsession officially became real. I would buy a book almost every week and finish it within 3 days. These are the books I have collected over the years:


YES THAT IS A SHIRTLESS CUTOUT OF LIAM PAYNE BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

Ahem awks ahem. The point is, today I will be reviewing a book called 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' by Jenny Han. Okay so I'm the type of person who will judge a book by its popularity, description and cover. Popularity as in is it one of the recommended reads? Have I seen it on a tumblr post or something? Did my friends read this before and said it was great? Is everyone but me reading it at the moment? Next to description, I think that's a really important part of the book. I would read the description after I judge the cover (duh) to see if its interesting or nah. I don't really like books that are about politics, dumb comics that don't make sense, anime (sue me), boring history ones, filled with bright, child-like and colourful pictures, etc. All these are a flat out no to me (unless its really great and highly recommended). The MOST IMPORTANT part of a book is obviously the cover. I like books with unique covers, pretty designs, title with cool fonts, popular authors, etc.

This book is really great. But the ending kinda disappointed me. They should at least have a sequel for this where the guy gets back together with the girl and have a perfect moment because they are absolute goals and I love them to death they're so so cute. (I fangirl over every cute couple I stumble upon so bare with it) This story is pretty much about 
a girl called Lara Jean, she has two sisters called Margot and Kitty aka Katherine. Lara Jean has loved 5 boys in her life and she writes love letters for all of them and keeps them same in a teal hatbox her mom gave her before she passed away. One day, the love letters get sent out to every boy, and she faces a lot of problems. 

I don't want to type out the whole story because its gonna be counted as a spoiler I guess. And I hate spoilers a lot. Like one time I was reading The Mortal Instruments and my friend told me someone died. I was so so pissed off that time. Basically spoilers piss me off. I can't deal with them. So just stop. At the beginning, I was just learning what was happening, the characters names, as usual. It was kind of boring I guess. But I don't think you can expect much action at the beginning obviously. So normally I would just take a while to read the beginning then get bored and either keep reading or put the book down and continue the next time I realise that I haven't finish the book.

Next is the rising action, where i have to admit its kinda boring but still interesting at this part. Its where the 5 boys receive the letters and have an awkward moment. Lara Jean gets a fake-boyfriend at this part and its one of the 5 boys that she loved (hint hint). 

Then its the Climax. The best part of all. Its where Lara Jean gets cute with her fake-boyfriend and all the adorable stuff happens between them that make me cry and wish I was here because GOALS once again I repeat. This is the part where I am hooked and I will refuse to put down the book even though its late at night. I don't care. The ending of this book is more important than sleep for now. I will carry on with life later after I finish the book, okay so obviously you don't understand me enough, now leave me alone and close the door on your way out, buh bye.

The falling action. Even the name explains everything. ITS WHERE EVERYTHING GOES WRONG AND FALLS APART INTO LITTLE BITS OF SAD PIECES. Margot came back from Scotland and finds out what happened between Josh and Lara Jean that will tear their sister bond in half. The evil Genevieve starts spreading disgusting rumours about Lara Jean and her fake-boyfriend to the whole school and Lara Jean can't handle the fact that her fake-boyfriend is not doing anything about it but just simply deny and wave it off like its no big deal. This is the part where I pretty much either stop reading for a while because I need time to comprehend this mess/ chaos that is happening or read even faster to reach the end.

And at last the ending. The ending sucks, for me at least. I don't know about other people. But regardless, the book is amazingly interesting and I highly recommend it. So if you're bored, looking for a good read, and not affected easily by annoyingly cut-short endings (just kidding), BUY THIS BOOK NOW YOU WON'T REGRET IT HONESTLY.

P.S This is MY opinion about the book, so its definitely different from everyone's point on view. CALM DOWN OKAY. No hate or any means to offend anyone and such :)

So this is the end of my post for today. Comment below if you want me to blog about something that you like so we can share interests and fangirl about them together maybe? Haha okay so happen to stumble upon this blog and enjoyed it, thank you so much and stay tuned for more daily blogs to come!

Lots of love,
Kels x

No comments:

Post a Comment